WE tv profiles the lives of women who have been convicted of murder in this moving series, ‘Women Behind Bars‘. Hear the stories of how and why they committed their crimes, and what it’s like to be incarcerated. Directed by Richard Swindell.
Watch all 12 episodes of Women Behind Bars – Season 2 for Free!
1. Women Behind Bars Episode 1: Denise and Vanessa: A women, along with her boyfriend, is convicted in the fatal shooting of four people at the Witchduck Inn. She had recently been fired from her job there as a bartender/waitress. Then, another woman was also convicted of murder when she lured a man into her car and then watched as her husband robbed him and shot him point blank five times.
2. Women Behind Bars Episode 2: Jackie and Heather: A woman explains her story of how she was charged with killing her roommate. Later, a woman explains how she ended up behind bars after her son was mauled to death by pit bull dogs.
3. Women Behind Bars Episode 3: Donna and Marion: Donna claims she committed her crime in self defense after stabbing her boyfriend, Charles, 54 times. Charles was 80 and Donna was 37 years old at the time. But the police believe her long history of drug abuse caused her to kill Charles in a drug-induced rage. Next, 2-year-old Serinity died from injuries consistent with child abuse.
4. Women Behind Bars Episode 4: Deborah and Gena: Deborah was charged with killing her estranged husband and now is serving life in prison. They had a bitter divorce in 1999, which included a claim that he had been sexually abusing her youngest daughter. He was given custody of the kids. On March 4, the husband and the two children visited Deborah in her home, where Deborah shot and killed him.
5. Women Behind Bars Episode 5: Dolly Mae and Shaniqua: A woman tells her side of the story on how she became charged with manslaughter. Then, the profile of a woman who played a role in a botched robbery scheme.
6. Women Behind Bars Episode 6: Alicia and Patricia: A woman pleads self-defense after killing her roommate. Also, the profile of a woman who murdered a man she had just met at a swinger’s club.
7. Women Behind Bars Episode 7: Jessica and Shannon: A profile of a woman who was convicted of murdering her adoptive grandmother. Then, a woman shot a teen after losing money playing a game.
8. Women Behind Bars Episode 8: Karen and Linda: A woman was charged with starting a fire which killed the two sleeping children of her lesbian lover. Her conviction was for arson and two counts of second-degree manslaughter. She claims to been innocent despite having been charged with arson years earlier. Then, found guilty of stabbing a man after having drank some beer and being high on cocaine, a woman claimed self-defense, pled guilty to first-degree manslaughter, and was sentenced to 22 years in prison.
9. Women Behind Bars Episode 9: Angela and Sharon: A woman recalls her story of being accused of stabbing a teen she befriended while staying at a mental health facility. Next, a profile of a woman who was accused of conspiring to murder her pimp.
10. Women Behind Bars Episode 10: Diane and Shelby: A woman is charged with first-degree murder after she was linked to the death of a 51 year old man. Anita Gonzales was convicted of first-degree murder for the death a 68 year old man.
11. Women Behind Bars Episode 11: Lutrische and Anita: Angela was found guilty of fatally stabbing an 18-year-old woman after an argument in a storage shed near a friend’s home. Sharon, a prostitute, madam, and ex-informant for the police was convicted of second degree murder and three counts of robbery in the death of her estranged pimp/boyfriend.
12. Women Behind Bars Episode 12: Natasha and LaSonya: Natasha and five of her friends were charged with murder and other charges after trying to carjack a van belonging to a father of two, shooting his wife, and their six-year-old daughter. Then, LaSonya was convicted of stabbing her boyfriend in their Florida apartment. He had been dead for a day before being discovered after an altercation between the couple.